Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Father's Day!!!!

Hello everyone!! I am here on this wonderful Friday with a project that uses one of the new Stamp-It Australia "Guys in Our Life" stamp line.I hope you enjoy it.

This would have been the perfect card for my Dad.  He was a Carpenter for his whole life, he passed away 4 yrs ago.  So this card is for you Dad.....

 I made a Double Dutch Fold card.  I stamped the image several times and colored them all with Spectrum Noir markers.  I kept one of the images whole and fussy cut out each piece on the others and layered them on top of one of the images about 2 times.  I added some silver pearls to the corners for the finishing touch.  I have such a hard time making masculine cards, but I like how this turned out.....

Here are the directions on making a Double Dutch Fold card:

1.  Take a 5 1/2 x 11 inch piece of card stock and score at 4 inches.
2.  Take a 3 x 11 inch piece of card stock and score at  2 3/4 inches from each end.
3.  Take the 3 x 11 inch scored card stock and attach to the bottom of the 5 1/2 x 11 piece.
4.  Decorate as you wish.
 This can also be made smaller if you wish.  I used the Ultimate tool is for scoring my card stock/paper. It comes with a wonderful book that shows you how to make different types of cards/projects.  Check it out......

See you all next Friday with another project of another new release..

Thanks for stopping by,
Dawn B

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Love your card, Dawn! The double dutch fold is so much fun! Your dad would have loved receiving this from you! Hugs...